Neil L. Cook, BS, MS, MEd., PhD. ABD
"The basics of athletic activity cannot be taught. They are part of us all. We just need to discover them for ourselves and develop them to our best ability."
A Triathlon coach, swimming Coach and physical education teacher, Neil has been an adult endurance athlete since 1978 - competing in running and triathlete races. Neil is also a Serotta certified Advance Bike Fit Specialist. He works with athletes of all levels, from beginner to World Champion, men and women, individuals and groups. Neil has an extensive educational background in Physical Education, Coaching, Motor Learning and Neurophysiology.
Known as much for his charismatic persona as his coaching abilities, Neil's athletes have not only reached their goals; they have won numerous awards, set PR's, and had fun in the process!
He tailors his programs for each individual athlete. He focuses his group sessions and clinics on each individual in the group.
A successful triathlete (USAT Age Group Worlds Team Short Course Triathlon and Duathlon), runner and ultra marathoner (35 marathons, 15 ultras, close to 1,000 races and 60,000 training miles, and counting), Neil continues to complete and take on endurance challenges.
Neil Cook has been a Physical Education teacher and coach at all levels - elementary school through college. He has been involved with swimming as a life guard, swim instructor, waterfront director, pool director and coach since he was a freshman in high school.
· 60 Km - 5:10:45
· 50 Km - 4:15:15
· Marathon - 2:56:17
· Half Marathon - 1:22:26
· 10 Km - 36:55
· 5 miles - 29:12
· 3.5 miles - 20:19 (NYC Corporate Challenge)
· 5 Km - 17:01 (cross country)
· 1 mile - 5:07
· 3rd place Pioneer 100 mile stage race
· BS Springfield College in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Coaching.
· MS Adelphi University in Physical Education, Motor Learning.
· MEd - Columbia University/Teachers College in Motor Learning, Neurophysiology.
· PhD course work in Motor Learning, Neurophysiology completed (120+ credits) Columbia University/Teachers College.
646-981-2375 (voice mail only)