LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE?
The next battlefield for human competition is here. The Brave
Soldier Challenge uses military and Crossfit inspired obstacles and
athletic challenges to test your overall athletic might. Compete as an
individual or with a team, and complete the course as efficiently as
possible to see where you stand amongst the fittest and the brave. We
promise to leave no muscle unsore!
There are a ton of obstacle races springing up, what makes you different?
1. The entire event takes place on a single field, ensuring that
your friends and family can cheer you on throughout the entire course in
stead of just at the start and finish. The obstacles and challenges
are condensed so that the focus is smoking the course as fast as
possible. Then kick back and watch the rest of the field from the
sidelines, or enjoy the on site vendor expo.
2. Its a true race. The obstacles are mandatory, and there are time
penalties for non completion or opting out of an obstacle. That
maintains the integrity of the race, ensuring that someone who skips a
bunch of obstacles doesn’t score a faster time than someone who
completes them all.
3. The focus is athleticism, not gimmicks or costumes. We will test
your overall athletic ability with challenges of strength, endurance,
speed, and agility. The course is well rounded in these areas so that
athletes of a certain discipline don’t have a particular advantage over
another (for instance a football player vs. a triathlete).
4. We are professionals. Our event production company (Set Up Events)
has been producing races for over 20 years. You can ensure that things
will run smoothly, as we are not new to this business!
The Brave Soldier Challenge consists of two separate stages, one
combining strength and endurance and a second combining strength,
endurance and agility. Both are made up of several challenges that will
test the competitor’s speed, strength endurance, and agility.
Both stages are professionally timed using the ChampionChip Timing
System. Competitors will be provided a timing chip to wear on their
ankle. You will begin each stage by crossing a set of timed mats that
record the exact moment you begin your stage. There is another set of
timing mats at the end of each stage that will record the exact moment
Competitors must complete each challenge in the stage. If you are
unable to complete a challenge after three attempts, you will be
assessed a timing penalty and move on to the next challenge.
Below is a brief description of the two stages. We reserve the right to make changes to this at any point.
- Tire Flip – Competitors will flip over a tractor tire eight times,
four times up and four times back. Penalties will vary based upon the
number of times you flip the tire. 2 Minutes for each flip you miss.
- Stationary Row 1000 Meters – Competitors will row 1500 meters on stationary row machines at a preset resistance..
- Lateral Cinder block carry – Competitors will carry two cement blocks over a 100 yards distance in a lateral motion.
- Weight Plate Carry – Competitors will carry weight plates over across a distance of 100 yards.
- Sand Bag Lift – Competitors will lift 10 sandbags over an 6 FT wall, over and back.
- Sand Bag Carry – Competitors will carry two sand bags over a 100 yards.
- Run 1 Mile – Competitors will run one mile on an out and back course.
- Stationary Bike 2 Mile – Competitors will ride one mile on a stationary bike at a preset resistance.
- Wall Climb – Competitors will scale an 6 FT wall
- Rope Climb – Competitors will climb a 12 FT high rope twice
- Suicide Sprints – Do we really need to explain this one?
- Box Jump – Competitors will box jump a total of 10 boxes. Each box
will be one of three heights: 12”, 18”, or 24”. Two feet must hit the
box simultaneously to complete each box.
- Crawl – Competitors will crawl a total of 30 FT under 2 FT high beams
- Over/Under – Competitors will alternate going over and under obstacles
- Over – Competitors will jump over 4FT high walls spanning 30FT
- Balance Beam – Competitors will cross three 10FT long balance beams
twice while carrying two objects of different weights in each hand.
After 3 attempts you will be assessed a 2 minute penalty. **
- Monkey Bars – Competitors will cross through 30FT of monkey bars.
After 3 attempts a competitor will be assessed a 3 minute penalty. **
- Rope Bridge – Competitors will hang upside down and pull themselves
across a suspended rope bridge over a specified distance. After 3
attempts a competitor will be assessed a 3 minute penalty. ***
- Cargo Net Climb – Competitors will go over a 20FT long and 16 FT
high cargo net. A 3 minute penalty will be assessed if you cannot
completed this obstacle after 1 attempt.
** A competitor must re-enter the course upon instruction from a
staff member for that station, so not to impede progress of a fellow
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps