2013 Mighty Kids Triathlon - Houma:
• The Mighty Kids Triathlon not only benefits the participating children, but also the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
• Profits will be donated to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation dedicated to finding a cure for juvenile diabetes!
• Each athlete will receive a medal upon finishing the race. Trophies will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age group, as well as special awards for fastest male and female runners from Varsity Sports in New Orleans.
• There will be plenty of food and drinks for everyone after the race. Door prizes will also be given courtesy of Academy Sports and Outdoors.
• • •
• To ensure this is a fun and safe event for all, 3-4 year old children are allowed the use flotation devices in the pool as well as training wheels on the bike.
• This age group will have a separate bike and run course.
• The bike and run courses are out and back and will have water provided along the way.
• This will be an interval start with 3-4 year olds going first.
• For safety of the little ones, the older age groups will begin after completion of the 3-4 year old group.
• The 12-14 year olds will go first, then 9-11, 7-8, and 5-6.
• The bike route for the 12-14 year olds will begin differently, with a right turn off of Valhi onto Civic Center Blvd, followed by a right turn into a neighborhood and then back down Civic Center Blvd and turning into the Civic Center parking lot.
• From the point of turning into the parking lot, their course is out and back on the same route as the 5-11 year olds.
• The roads will be closed to traffic and patrolled by police officers.
• Please visit our website for any further information.
• Course Map
Mission Statement :The Mighty Kids Triathlon mission is to improve the health of our children in a time when childhood obesity is on the rise.Our goal is to motivate kids to get active by introducing them to triathlon, as it is a sport that encourages a healthy lifestyle and positive self esteem.Lifestyle patterns can be established in younger years and we believe that triathlon focuses on children’s physical, mental, and social development.
2012 Results: not available ??? 2011 Results at mightykidstriathlon.org: Overall / Gender / / Ages 3-4