2014 Viking Assault Louisville:
Viking Assault is an event featuring an extremely challenging run, live bands, not–for-profit food vendors, and beer.
The Run –
· We use the existing terrain to design the most challenging 3-mile course possible.
· We kick it up a notch by adding 13 man made obstacles, mud pits, and an exciting atmosphere.
· Our courses are designed so 90 percent of runners who can complete a 3-mile run can complete our course.
· If for any reason you do not feel comfortable with an obstacle please go around.
· Completing the majority of the obstacles is an accomplishment.
· It takes many of our participants over an hour to complete the course.
· If you’re normal, when you finish you will be exhausted, happy, and have an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.
· We have over a 90 percent return rate year to year and double our attendance yearly. (Based on Viking Assault’s other locations)
Live Bands –
· Popular local bands will be playing at the finish/festival area providing background music while you wash off, drink, eat, and share war stories with your friends.
· The bands are selected based on criteria we have developed designed to provide both a universal appeal and family friendly environment.
· High energy and motivational bands are a must.
Not for Profit food vendors -
· We favor Not For Profits providing for those who are unable to provide for themselves i.e. children and animals.
· The menu will consist of simple snacks to a full meal.
· All food proceeds are retained by the charity.
· Water is free on and off the course.
· Your race entry includes one after race refreshment of your choice (must be 21 to consume beer).
· Additional refreshments will be sold.
Participants choose their designated wave time at the time of registration. Waves start every 30 minutes. Participants are responsible for knowing Viking Assault’s start time and check-in method. Participants are encouraged to report to their assigned starting location at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their wave.
Completion of all Viking Assault obstacles may be hazardous. It is the responsibility of the participant to leave the course if they are unable to complete an obstacle. Course officials are stationed at every obstacle for participant safety. It is the responsibility of the participant to notify course officials if the participant feels their safety is in danger or they are injured. Any participant who receives assistance from any spectator or non-competitor on any obstacle shall be ineligible to receive an award.
• 2014 race registration is open.
• Registration Information.
• • •
2013 Results: not available ???
2012 Results at: vikingassault.com
2011 Results at: vikingassault.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps