2012 Maryland 2Xrip Duathlon - Mid Atlantic's Largest Duathlon:
The Maryland 2Xrip Duathlon the Mid-Atlantic's Largest Duathlon. Located in Howard County, MD, this event is for the multisport athlete who wishes to focus on cycling and running. This race is also for the athlete who wants to try something new and challenging. Athletes may participate as single competitors or on a relay team. This race includes an age group AND ELITE DIVISIONS!
Reasons to do the Maryland 2Xrip Duathlon:
- If your thinking about getting started in multisport racing but don't want to train in three sports.
- If you're serious about doing a multisport event that is logistically simpler than a triathlon.
- If you're weak in, or not thrilled with, swimming.
- If you're most comfortable on the bike and perfectly happy to do the bulk of training on it.
- If you're an experienced triathlete and want to push yourself to the limit in a cycle/run event.
- If you want to be a MULIT-SPORT DUATHLETE!
This event has a 7:00 AM start, staged out of Western Regional Park.
The one lap, two mile, run transitions into a two lap, 26 mile rolling bike course on the rural roads of western Howard County.
The final two lap, four mile, course is the same as the first run segment in that it is a combination of paved road and walking paths.
The 2Xrip starts and finishes inside Western Regional Park.
What participants can expect:
2011 Event Statistics
- A moderate to challenging course with ample water stops, medical/course support and excitement
- A athlete participation shirt (performance type)
- A finisher’s medal upon completing the course
- Awards for Elite & Age Group winners (top 3 male & female in all divisions)
- Free Parking on race day located less than 0.5 miles from race start
- Food, Beverage and music to celebrate the completion of the race
- The 2011 compeition was the largest duathlon in the mid-atlantic region.
- Athletes participated from many different states and some as far away as New York and Florida
- Over 70% of athletes were first time duathletes
- Over 50% of athletes were first time multi-sport athletes
- The field was pretty much evenly split between males and females
2012 Results at TriFind.com: Overall / Age Group / Relay
2011 Results at: runhigh.com
• • •
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps