Multisport Performance Institute (MPI) is conducting their highly successful Open Water Swim Clinic on Sunday, March 18th and Sunday, April 29th both starting at 7:00am at Portofino Island Resort.
This Clinic will be a 45-60 minute dry-land presentation followed by a 30-60 minute beach and open water demonstration and practice. MPI Coaches will conduct the swim in the calm waters of Santa Rosa Sound at the beautiful Portofino Island Resort.
Presentation will include but not be limited to:
- Open water training
- Open water racing
- Proper water entry
- Proper water exit
- How to sight correctly
- How to draft correctly
- Race tactics
- How to put on and wear a wetsuit properly
- How to calm nerves and conserve energy
- How to Open Water swim efficiently
- How to alter tactics for Ocean, Lake, River swims
Demo and Lesson will include practice of most topics covered above. Coaches will have KAYAK in water along with TWO BUOYS to practice sighting on. These will be very interactive clinics and will be limited to only 30 athletes.
Great opportunity to:
- Putting on and wearing wetsuit correctly
- Water entry
- Sighting and navigation on Buoys
- Water exit
...All before season starts and in the safe and controled open water environment of the Santa Rosa Sound at Portofino Island Resort!
* Athletes MUST be able to swim 100 yards to participate in these clinics
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps