2012 Boulder Stroke & Stride Series:
This extremely popular Thursday night series has become the unofficial weekly social hour for local triathletes. Even visiting triathletes put the Stroke & Stride on their calendars as must-do events while in town. Participation tops 300 athletes many weeks during the 10 week summer series, and notable faces either cheering or competing include Ironman champions, Olympic champions, and various national champions from around the world. This is every local athlete’s chance to race head-to-head against a world class competitor. The shorter distance has also been the debut open water swim or multisport event for many first-year triathletes. Every race is followed by a great spread of food, lively announcers, music, and random merchandise prizes.
750m or 1500m Swim/5K Run
- The Boulder Stroke & Stride is a Swim/Run event, also known as Aquathlon.
- The race begins with an open water swim of 750 or 1,500 meters.
- There will be a mass start for each sex at each distance.
- The swim course is a rectangular shape, with participants swimming in a clockwise direction around a series of large orange buoys.
- One lap of the swim course is 750 meters.
- 750 Meter swimmers swim one-lap of the course, then exit the water and run 50 meters to transition.
- 1,500 meter swimmers also exit the water following their first lap, then run 100 meters along the beach, and start lap-2 at the same point where they started lap-1.
- Upon completion of the second lap, 1,500 meter swimmers will run to transition.
- The transition area is a large grassy area were you will lay your towel. This claims your transition spot. You will place your running shoes and other gear on your towel.
- Upon completion of your swim, you will run to your towel, pull on your running shoes, your bib number, and any other gear you'd like for the run.
- You will leave your wetsuit, goggles, and swim cap at your towel.
- Once you are ready, you will exit the transition area, and start the run being careful to exit at the correct location and cross the timing mat to record your run start time.
- The run course is an out and back course on a mix of paved and dirt roadways. The first and last half-mile of the run is open to light park traffic.
- You will run on the right side of the road in both directions.
- All miles are marked, and there is a water-stop at the turn-around.
- The run course has one small uphill on the way out, and one small downhill on the way back. The rest of the course is flat.
Directions to Boulder Reservoir:
From the Diagonal Highway in Boulder/Longmont, go west on Jay Rd.
Take your first (almost immediate) right onto 51st St.
The reservoir will be on your right.
Join us weeknights at the Boulder Reservoir for an evening workout. Park entry is included with your registration fee as is post race food & raffle prizes.
The picturesque, chip-timed event features a flat & fast 5k run around the Boulder Reservoir.
Post race activities include vendors with samples to share and our famous Freebies Table full of great stuff.
2012 Results at myentryfee.com:Race # 1- June 7, 2012 Race # 2 - June 14, 2012
2011 Results at myentryfee.com:
Race # 1- June 2, 2011
Race # 2 - June 9, 2011
Race # 3 - June 16, 2011
Race # 4 - June 23, 2011
Race # 5 - June 30, 2011
Race # 6 - July 7, 2011
Race # 7 - July 14, 2011
Race # 8 - July 21, 2011
Race # 9 - July 28, 2011
Race # 10 - August 3, 2011
Race # 11 - August 10, 2011
2010 Results at myentryfee.com:
Race # 1- June 3, 2010
Race # 2 - June 10, 2010
Race # 3 - June 17, 2010
Race # 4 - June 24, 2010
Race # 5 - July 1, 2010 ???
Race # 6 - July 8, 2010
Race # 7 - July 15, 2010
Race # 8 - July 22, 2010
Race # 9 - July 29, 2010
Race # 10 - August 5, 2010
Race # 11 - August 12, 2010
2009 Results at: myentryfee.com
Race 1 Results: Overall / Searchable - Jun 4
Race # 2 - June 11, 2009
Race # 3 - June 18, 2009
Race # 4 -June 25, 2009
Race # 5 - July 2, 2009
Race # 6 - July 9, 2009
Race # 7 - July 16, 2009
Race # 8 - July 23, 2009
Race # 9 - July 30, 2009
Race # 10 - August 6, 2009
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps