2012 Texas Girl Sprint Triathlon:
- The Texas Girl Tri is an all-women's sprint triathlon geared towards beginner triathletes looking to get started in the sport.
- The race is limited to 100 participants, so that you won’t feel lost in the crowd and is staffed with race volunteers to help you figure out where to go and what to do. We welcome athletes of every body type, age, and fitness level, so no matter who you are – you will fit in!
- Whether your goals are to just finish the race, set a new personal record or win your age group – we’re here to cheer you on and support you!
- Triathlons will change your life for the better! What are you waiting for? Register today!
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a USAT Sanctioned event so it will require a mandatory USAT annual membership OR a USAT 1 day race pass. A USAT 1 day pass is $12 and is payable by check or cash on race morning. Memberships can be purchased on line http://www.usatriathlon.org/ or race day prior to the beginning of the race.
250 yard swim (indoor pool) / 8 mile bike / 2 mile run
Swimmers will start at one end of the pool swimming down and back in the same lane. Change lanes and swim down and back. Repeat this until you have completed all 5 lanes. There is a ladder at the end of the pool where you will exit. VERY CAREFULLY you will exit the pool area and head to transition. Be very careful coming out of the pool area, the floor will be slick!
Swim to Bike Transition As you leave the pool area and enter the transition find your bike, put your helmet and shoes on and WALK your bike out of transition. You will mount your bike at the mount line. The mount line will be marked and a volunteer will be there to assist you. Your helmet must be on and fastened before leaving transition.
The bike course will be open to the public, so watch out for traffic. THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. Ride to the far right of the lane and pass only on the left side. The bike course is a narrow black top road with no shoulder, so pass with caution as this is an out and back course and you will have on-coming cyclists. This event is held in early morning, so traffic should be light to non-existant, but you will still need to use caution. As you approach transition, you will dismount your bike at mount/ dismount line. Walk your bike into transition and rack in the same spot you had it. Exit the transition area at the run out end of the transition and begin your run.
Course is a 2 mile loop. Stay to the far right or on the shoulder if possible. Part of the run course is on the bike route so watch out for the cyclists.
There will be one (1) aid station that will be positioned to service both the bike and run course. Feel free to carry water on your bike and run.
Visit TryTheTri.com for course maps, race checklists, FAQ and general guidelines.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps