Alcatraz to Aquatic Park Swim. Escape from The Rock! This Alcatraz swim
ends at Aquatic Park. Swim is limited to five swimmers per boat, so
spaces are limited! View the course map on our website under Open Water
Programs, Expeditions (http://swim-art.com/expeditions.html). You can
also find our 8-week Alcatraz training plan below under "Training and
Preparation" on the Expeditions page.
This is an
intermediate level, 1.3-mile swim across the current. Prerequisites -
must be able to swim 1 mile comfortably in open water, in 50 minutes or
less; must have completed at least 2 open water swims.
Equipment to have:
- Lots of warm clothes and a hat to put on after you swim
- Bottle of warm water to clean the sand off your feet off after the swim
- Body Glide or Vaseline (if you don't have any we'll have some extra, too)
- Swim Suit
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Earplugs, if your ears are at all sensitive to the water
- Trash bag to take your wet wetsuit home in
SPECTATORS: We can take spectators for an additional $5 (please pay in cash on the day of the event). Indicate on the sign up form how many spectators you think you might bring.
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps